Friday, March 5, 2010

Some projects I've done

So, I’ve wanted to showcase what I’ve done over the past year to show what I can do. I’ve done quite a few things in Photoshop and I’m excited to be able to continue to find new and better things with Photoshop. My hope is to be able to purchase a nice camera so I can do this kind of stuff from start to finish. Take the pictures, create the designs, produce stuff that’s all my own. I also don’t charge for anything I do right now because I don’t consider myself professional.

So, here are a few projects I’ve put together for some friends and family over the last year.

If you’ve seen something you like and want it to be customized for you, I can duplicate a lot of simple designs. I also have the ability to remove things from photographs.



I’m not great at coming up with original designs, I just don’t quite have that creative edge yet, but when someone tells me what they want, and shows an example, I’ve become quite proficient at making it happen. So, these are some designs I put together for my sister-in-law’s mom.


I’ve had a few people ask me if I can do wedding invitations. I didn't ever go home and just create these, on each occasion, I met with the people getting married and they told me what they wanted and I put it together for them. I also created the inserts that were included as well.



This last picture was the invitation that my cousin did for his wedding. When they received it from the person who created it, there were a few things missing.


So, if you’re looking for a cheap (free) way to design your wedding invitations, business cards, fliers, or just about anything, but want them to look professional, I’d love to sit down with you and put together your vision.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am your biggest fan! I actually have someone that wants you to design a bridal shower invite and my sis wants you to do her wedding invitations after the rockin job you did on her save the date! You rock rock rock John Henry! xoxo

deb sorensen said...

your posts are usually so long I don't get through them before I have to move onto other things. Glad this wasn't so bad. How's the job going?