Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well, I’ve had quite the holiday. It’s been full of exciting, insane, awkward, and exhausting experiences. It started with me going on a vicious campaign to clean the entire house (even rooms that hadn’t been partied in before) and make sure that everything was ready for the New Year party that I had planned. My goal was to make it bigger than it had been two years before, but I realized that it probably wouldn’t be. So, I cleaned 7 rooms in the house including the garage to set up as different stations. I had put DO NOT ENTER signs on Thayn’s bedroom and office, and also on my bedroom door. There were Women/Men signs on the bathrooms, and signs pointing to all the other things I had set up. Upstairs I had a game room set up. It was quite the talk when people walked in and saw the teddy bear wallpaper. On the main floor I had the Wii set up and that’s where all the food was (which I wish I had provided some better food, but what we had was pretty good, so I was okay with that). I hadn’t decided if I would use the garage for anything and then last minute someone asked me to have some swing

dancing and so I went out and cleaned it out because it was completely covered in dirt! It had tracked in on Thayn’s car from the snow, so after I cleaned that up, I set up the sounds system and it was all nice with Christmas lights and some good music. In the next level down, I set up a projector with Rockband. That was pretty cool. And then down in the room Dan used to sleep in was Karaoke. And I had a few friends that roamed into each room and made sure that it was all used which made me feel validated. It was really nice.

The night was kind of slow but still a lot of fun and I was really happy with the people that showed up because they are extremely great people. (If any of you are reading this, I just wanted to say thanks again for coming, it really made me happy to have people over).

When everyone left, I vacuumed up all of the confetti and stuff that was left over and put everything away. I finally went to bed at 5 am on New Year’s Day. I woke up at 4 pm that same day and finally peeled myself out of bed and went to Spanish Fork with some friends and then to dinner and met this girl named Amanda who was insane and we were insane together, so it was a lot of fun. Then I decided to go swing dancing up in Salt Lake and on my way up there, I called my parents and they said that I should fly down to Arizona for my cousin’s wedding the next morning. This was insane because trying to find a flight the day before is both extremely stupid and extremely expensive, but luckily I found a flight and after dancing until midnight, I packed, slept from 2 to 4, then showered, and had someone drive me to the airport and I was on my way.

I got off the plane and nearly went right to the temple for the sealing. We then spent the afternoon after the sealing eating and relaxing. I took a nap for an hour and then we were supposed to go “decorate” the bride and groom’s room with stuff but we weren’t able to get over there between the sealing and reception, so we ended up going during the reception and missed a whole bunch of things in the reception, but made it back for the dancing.

Sunday I went to the singles ward with Brad and Amy. We went to church in an old remodeled Baptist church so the chapel was crazy with vaulted ceilings and was really cool. That night we were going to have a quiet night with Carole’s parents, but then somehow a text that Amy sent to a few friends to come play games was spread to just about the entire ward! So we ended up having like 20 people over for a “noisy Sunday”. We played a few games and then around midnight everyone went home.

Monday morning we got up and packed and were out by about 9 am. We took home a girl named Sami. She was pretty cool and we had fun talking and playing Name That Artist on an MP3 CD that Dan had in the car. Then we spent about the last 6 hours watching How I Met Your Mother. I forgot how funny the first season is. We finally pulled in at home around 7:30 pm after dropping Sami off.

All in all it was a GREAT weekend and I had so much fun with my party, the trip, and even the ride home.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow JT...what fun you have been having! Glad you had fun at your party and I think you are nuts for doing the whole AZ thingie hehe! Glad you had fun and made it home safe though!

deb sorensen said...

men/women's signs...Oh my