Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mixing it all up

Well, I'm a night person. I go to bed at night thinking that I won't wake up the next morning... Usually I think that I will wake up after noon. And so I don't usually go to bed every night until 3, 4, or sometimes (probably too many times) 5 am. I also require 8 hours of sleep. When I don't get it, I'm a pretty grumpy and a not-nice person.
So I returned home from Ohio 2 years ago. I came home and promptly got a job working a swing shift (3 to 10pm) working for American Express taking applications over the phone. Then I started working for Dell. They needed night guys and their training was Monday-Friday from 3 to 11pm, so I stopped socializing with people during the week. Then I changed my schedule when I started actually doing the job to some more convenient hours. Had Friday nights off and stuff. Well, lately, I have felt like I have been a little unsocial with people that aren't at work. I guess the best way to say it is that my only social time I got was work and church on Sunday. So I was feeling quite dry. I couldn't go out on dates because I can't figure out how to ask a girl on a lunch date (and I'm usually sleeping) and who is going to take a girl on a date at 4am? So I went to my boss and told him that I wanted to work a morning schedule... I haven't worked a morning schedule since... I just realized I've never worked a job that was in the morning. Now, I do say the morning. I mean to say that it's from 10am to 6 pm. But HEY, I get off at 6 every night. So I promptly dropped all my classes and picked up 2 classes (the last 2 before I have an associates). So now I have a MW evening class from 6 to 7:15, and another class on Saturday morning from 8 to 10. I don't know how I feel about a Saturday morning class, but I'm sure I can pull it off (hopefully).
So for the first time, really, ever, I'm taking a job where I won't work at night. I start Monday and I'm pretty happy about it.

No comments: