Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Christmas Eve This Year



Getting my family together every year can be a very daunting task and seems to be frustrating. There isn’t a lot of room for a lot of people at my parents house and I wanted to be able to get as many of my family members together as possible. I’ve also wanted to have a party at my house since I moved in almost 3 years ago. It’s a nice house with a lot of room, so we I figured that I’d put something together this year. So I called all the members of the fam that would be close enough to come and have some food. It was a lot of fun. It was nice having all the kids here at my house.


I have to learn to host parties with a little less stress. I tend to over kill with everything and then I worry the entire time. Not that I don’t enjoy myself, but this time, there were new things that I didn’t expect. Most of my parties are for people in my singles ward or closer to my age, so having kids here made things a little different, but it was still very fun.


We had a Wii set up so the kids could play games if they wanted to and I put on a movie in a different room just in case they wanted to watch something. In the living room, we ate our food – sandwiches, fruit, veggies, and a LOT of snacks, probably too many.


My mom brought some poppers that had some fun toys in them and then we opened presents. All in all, it was a nice party. I’m glad I was able to have family at my home. It made for a very nice Christmas Eve.

No comments: