Saturday, December 19, 2009

A short poem about Fudge




So, Tamara was looking for a story about fudge and so I was looking all over the internet and only found poems of how busy life is and how happy fudge makes people, so I decided to write my own poem.

This was the first poem I wrote:
Oh Yummy Fudge oh yummy fudge
How lovely are you eaten
Oh Yummy Fudge oh yummy fudge
Oh how you love my taste buds.
You come along and make me smile
You cheer me up when in denial
Oh yummy fudge oh yummy fudge,
How lovely are you eaten.


And then I wrote this poem:

My day was once sad and I needed a boost.
I went to some friends but their presence was moot.

I wandered my Facebook, but the evening was late
And none of the people were there to consolate
My house dark and empty had shown me no pity
So I figured I look for support in the city.

I put on jacket and gloves and my hat
And opened the front door just to see what?
A plate full of fudge was there waiting for me
And I suddenly knew what my deliverance would be
As for my long evening that was sad for a while
The fudge I am eating now will always make me smile!


So my suggestion would be that if you find yourself in this position, get some fudge, or see if you can find someone to doorbell ditch some for you.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Watch out Emily Dickenson! You are such a man of many talents! hehe Love you bro!